Eurozone manufacturing index moves higher in Dec
However, weaker results in both Germany and France kept business activity in the region subdued. A gauge of factory activity in the EU increased to a reading of 50.8 from 50.1 while a measure for services climbed to 51.9 compared with 51.1 reported in November.
Within the region, the PMI for France’s composite index rose to a reading of 49.1 in December from 47.9 in November. Meanwhile, an index for Germany’s manufacturing and services industry declined to 51.4 in December from 51.7 in November due to sluggish economic growth, with the new figure being the weakest reading seen since July 2013.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Spot ethylene markets rally on diminishing supply in Asia, Europe
- Will European PP markets change direction after 3 months?
- Turkish PP, PE players leaving market for holiday with firm post-Eid expectations
- June PVC hikes exceed expectations in Asia, sustainability under discussion
- Import PS, ABS markets recover amid upstream gains in Egypt
- PP, PE markets on a slight uptrend in Indonesia despite Ramadan lull
- European PE hovers around 11-year low, is reversal near?
- US PVC prices bounce on heels of eased stock pressure
- China PP market volatile since its rebound in H1 April, is it the new normal?
- Taiwanese major’s June PVC pricing expected to reverse course after two months