Eurozone manufacturing index moves higher in Dec
However, weaker results in both Germany and France kept business activity in the region subdued. A gauge of factory activity in the EU increased to a reading of 50.8 from 50.1 while a measure for services climbed to 51.9 compared with 51.1 reported in November.
Within the region, the PMI for France’s composite index rose to a reading of 49.1 in December from 47.9 in November. Meanwhile, an index for Germany’s manufacturing and services industry declined to 51.4 in December from 51.7 in November due to sluggish economic growth, with the new figure being the weakest reading seen since July 2013.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets
- European PVC offers to Turkey shrug off higher costs
- Asian PVC players hold firm expectations for June
- May PP, PE offers to Mid-East, Africa remain stable to firm
- Global energy producers report lower Q1 results amid volatile crude prices