Eurozone manufacturing unexpectedly edges up in Oct
In Germany, manufacturing unexpectedly climbed to post a reading of 51.8 compared to the reading of 49.9 posted in the previous month. In France, meanwhile, services and manufacturing contracted more than expected in October. French manufacturing and service sectors both weakened to 51.5 from 52, according to analysts’ reports.
The European Central Bank commented that the Eurozone continues to face downward risks as the EU’s two largest economies struggle to generate positive growth.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market
- China’s PE uptrend fueled by US force majeures; LDPE soars to more than 1-year high
- Stats: China’s cumulative PP imports in Jan-July 2020 reach record-high
- Sept PP, PE trend begins to take shape in Saudi Arabia