Eurozone manufacturing unexpectedly edges up in Oct
In Germany, manufacturing unexpectedly climbed to post a reading of 51.8 compared to the reading of 49.9 posted in the previous month. In France, meanwhile, services and manufacturing contracted more than expected in October. French manufacturing and service sectors both weakened to 51.5 from 52, according to analysts’ reports.
The European Central Bank commented that the Eurozone continues to face downward risks as the EU’s two largest economies struggle to generate positive growth.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand