Eurozone retail sales decline in February
The monthly decrease was attributed to lower sales in the food, drinks and tobacco and automotive fuel segments, which declined 0.8% and 0.4%, respectively compared with the previous month. However, retail sales in the non-food sector rose 0.1% on the month.
Across the region, the largest monthly decreases were seen in Romania (-1.4%), Portugal (-1.2%) and Spain (-0.7%) while Latvia (1.2%), Malta and Slovenia (both 1.1%) and Lithuania (1.0%) posted the largest increases in February.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open post-Eid period with a cautious tone
- Global oil and petchem revenues hit by challenging market environment
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?