Eurozone retail sales fall at faster than expected pace in March
The monthly decrease was attributed to lower sales in the food, drinks and tobacco and automotive fuel segments, which declined 1.3% and 0.4%, respectively, compared with the previous month. Meanwhile, retail sales in the non-food sector went down 0.5% on the month.
Across the region, the largest monthly decreases were seen in Germany (-1.1%) and France (-0.7%) while sales increased 0.4% in Spain.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports