Eurozone retail sales fall for 2nd consecutive month in Oct
The decline stemmed from lower sales for food and drinks and automotive fuel. Sales for food, drinks and tobacco declined 0.5% month over month while automotive fuel sales slipped 0.4% month over month in October. Sales for non-food products, meanwhile, edged up 0.1% in October compared with the previous month.
Among the member states, retail sales in Germany and France declined 0.4% and 0.3%, respectively, on the month in October; however Spain’s retail sales moved higher by 0.3% from a month earlier. Across the region, the highest monthly increases in total retail trade were registered in Poland (+2.1%), Estonia (+2.0%) and Latvia (+1.4%), while the largest decreases were observed in Slovenia (-1.1%), Ireland, Austria and the United Kingdom (all -0.7%).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook
- SEA PE uptrend intact, yet increases capped by reduced demand
- Taiwanese major hikes Aug PVC offers to Asia as limited availability outweighs monsoon effect