Eurozone retail sales fall for 2nd consecutive month in Oct
The decline stemmed from lower sales for food and drinks and automotive fuel. Sales for food, drinks and tobacco declined 0.5% month over month while automotive fuel sales slipped 0.4% month over month in October. Sales for non-food products, meanwhile, edged up 0.1% in October compared with the previous month.
Among the member states, retail sales in Germany and France declined 0.4% and 0.3%, respectively, on the month in October; however Spain’s retail sales moved higher by 0.3% from a month earlier. Across the region, the highest monthly increases in total retail trade were registered in Poland (+2.1%), Estonia (+2.0%) and Latvia (+1.4%), while the largest decreases were observed in Slovenia (-1.1%), Ireland, Austria and the United Kingdom (all -0.7%).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Virus-impacted demand inflicts toll on Vietnam's PE market
- HDPE fails to track firmer trend of LD, LLDPE in Europe
- China’s ABS market on soft path dragged by subdued demand
- Softening trend prevails in SEA PP market as virus fears dampen sentiment
- Chinese producers cut PET offers further amid coronavirus outbreak
- Oil and petchem companies’ earnings hit by falling margins in 2019
- Will February PP hikes prove workable in Europe?
- Turkish players question future outlook as import PP, PE prices see 6-month highs
- Asian PVC markets stay strong as tightness overshadows virus fears
- SEA LLDPE market sees fresh hikes despite virus-hit sentiment across Asia