Eurozone retail sales miss estimates in September
Sales for food, drinks and tobacco declined 0.6% month over month while sales non-food products edged up 0.1% from a month earlier in September. Automotive fuel sales, meanwhile, tracked a steady trend in September.
Among the member states, the highest monthly increases in total retail trade were seen in the UK (+2.0%), Romania (+1.7%), Malta (+1.1%) and Ireland (+0.9%) while the largest decreases were recorded in Portugal (-2.2%), Belgium, Denmark, Latvia and Poland (all -0.7%).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?