Eurozone retail sales miss estimates in September
Sales for food, drinks and tobacco declined 0.6% month over month while sales non-food products edged up 0.1% from a month earlier in September. Automotive fuel sales, meanwhile, tracked a steady trend in September.
Among the member states, the highest monthly increases in total retail trade were seen in the UK (+2.0%), Romania (+1.7%), Malta (+1.1%) and Ireland (+0.9%) while the largest decreases were recorded in Portugal (-2.2%), Belgium, Denmark, Latvia and Poland (all -0.7%).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Upcoming holidays, COVID spike pressure PS in Asia
- Shortage pushes Europe’s ABS markets to multi-year highs
- Longest-ever rally staggers in Turkey’s PVC market
- Upstream keeps China PET afloat; prices hit 11-month high
- Import PVC uptrend loses momentum in Asia; is the 9-month rally coming to an end?
- Tightness brings further price hikes in African PP, PE markets
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use