Eurozone retail sales remain stable in June
Sales of food, drinks and tobacco edged up 0.1% and retail sales for non-food products climbed 0.3% in June from a month earlier. Meanwhile, retail sales for automotive fuel decreased by 1.3% on the month.
Across the region, the largest increases were seen in Romania (+16.2%), Lithuania (+6.2%) and Spain (+5.8%), while the biggest declines were reported in Belgium (-2.4%), Malta (-0.6%) and Austria (-0.1%).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand