Eurozone retail sales revive in October
Retail sales increased 1.4% year over year in October following a 0.5% gain in September. Sales for the non-food sector and automotive fuel rose 0.7% month over month while food, drinks and tobacco sales remained unchanged in October.
On a yearly basis, the highest increases were seen in Luxembourg (12.5%), Estonia (6.9%) and Slovakia (6.5%), while Malta (3.7%) and Slovenia (0.1%) reported the biggest decreases across the region.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European PVC defies global uptrend
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets at a standstill amid lingering downturn
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East