Eurozone retail sales stable in August
On a yearly basis, meanwhile, the region’s retail sales slowed in August to 2.3% from the revised increase for July, but beat expectations. Economists’ expectations called for a gain of 1.7% in August from a year earlier.
Growth in food sales rose to 0.8% following an increase of 0.4% while retail sales for non-food products declined 0.3% on the month after increasing 0.5% in July.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open post-Eid period with a cautious tone
- Global oil and petchem revenues hit by challenging market environment
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?