Eurozone’s Nov PMI indicates fastest growth for 2016
Across the region, Germany’s growth in business activity was slightly down but still above the low level seen in September. Germany’s service providers had the fastest growth since May.
According to the release, both manufacturing and service sectors grew at similar rates while the service sector posted the largest expansion of 11 months. Despite a slight decrease, the growth in manufacturing was still the second biggest so far this year on the back of the improved export sales.
Meanwhile, France posted the second best growth over the past year and the largest gain for one and a half year with the rise in new orders and employment. The largest growth was in the service sector while manufacturing also continued to grow on the back of the rise in exports, according to the index.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- What will October unfold for Turkey’s PE markets?
- PET bottle fails to salve pandemic wounds; challenges mount as autumn begins
- Can LDPE uptrend hold in Asia?
- Europe PVC prices lag behind global markets, upward pressure mounts
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels