Eurozone’s Nov PMI indicates fastest growth for 2016
Across the region, Germany’s growth in business activity was slightly down but still above the low level seen in September. Germany’s service providers had the fastest growth since May.
According to the release, both manufacturing and service sectors grew at similar rates while the service sector posted the largest expansion of 11 months. Despite a slight decrease, the growth in manufacturing was still the second biggest so far this year on the back of the improved export sales.
Meanwhile, France posted the second best growth over the past year and the largest gain for one and a half year with the rise in new orders and employment. The largest growth was in the service sector while manufacturing also continued to grow on the back of the rise in exports, according to the index.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China PP, PE markets join global rally after Lunar New Year holiday
- PE, PP and PVC supply crunch exacerbated on US absence, traditional trade flows upended
- European PP, PE markets set for 5th bullish month as shortage bites
- Turkey shattered as PP prices shoot up to surreal levels
- Polymer markets face one of most chaotic times
- Turnaround season set to get underway in Asia
- Crude oil heals COVID-inflicted wounds; now what lies ahead?
- Global shipping turmoil deepens, adding to the upheaval in plastic resins
- China’s post-holiday polymer outlook supported by supply limitations, crude oil
- US PE exports hit record high for 2020 despite production and logistics hurdles