Explosion at Formosa’s No 1 styrene plant in Taiwan
4 employers were reportedly injured and the 250,000 tons/year capacity plant was shut after the incident and the restart date is unclear for now.
A Taiwanese trader commented, “The recent blast is not considered to have a major impact on the styrene production of the plant. Meanwhile, FCFC has a scheduled maintenance in April and it seems like they may have to put it forward.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe