Explosion at Hubei Yihua’s PVC, coal plant in China
The sources reported that the coal production is affected by the explosion while the PVC production is running normally. However, it is not yet known whether the company’s PVC production at the plant will be affected in the coming days.
The plant has a production capacity of 300,000 tons/year of carbide based PVC and 600,000 tons/year of coal.
The company’s total production capacity is 1,200,000 tons/year of PVC and 1,800,000 tons/year of coal.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia