Explosion at Hubei Yihua’s PVC, coal plant in China
The sources reported that the coal production is affected by the explosion while the PVC production is running normally. However, it is not yet known whether the company’s PVC production at the plant will be affected in the coming days.
The plant has a production capacity of 300,000 tons/year of carbide based PVC and 600,000 tons/year of coal.
The company’s total production capacity is 1,200,000 tons/year of PVC and 1,800,000 tons/year of coal.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Crude oil prices seesaw on geopolitics and ebbing demand
- China’s local PP markets return on a cautiously firm note, defying weak fundamentals
- Mid-Eastern PP, PE markets rise in February after three months of weakness
- Stats: China’s 2023 PE imports snap two-year downfall despite rapidly growing domestic capacities
- PE rally loses momentum on subsiding demand in Türkiye
- PVC prices flat for 2nd straight month in Italy and West Europe
- Freight rates snap rally, Red Sea crisis keeps decreases in check
- Worsening dollar shortage pushes Egypt’s local PP, PE prices to never-before-seen highs
- Stats: US PE exports hit a renewed record in 2023, sales to China boom
- Türkiye’s PP market continues to grapple with tight supply, prices at multi-month highs