Export PET prices from China slightly up on firmer MEG
A producer applied a $10/ton increase on its export PET offers after cutting its offers by $20/ton at the start of the week. The producer’s PET offers currently stand at $940/ton FOB, cash. A source from the producer noted, “Our offers are slightly higher due to firming MEG prices. However, demand remains disappointing.”
Another Chinese producer also issued a $10/ton increase on its export PET offers on Wednesday, bringing its new prices to $920/ton FOB, cash.
The overall range for export PET prices is currently quoted at $905-940/ton FOB China, cash.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open post-Eid period with a cautious tone
- Global oil and petchem revenues hit by challenging market environment
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?