Export PET prices from China slightly up on firmer MEG
A producer applied a $10/ton increase on its export PET offers after cutting its offers by $20/ton at the start of the week. The producer’s PET offers currently stand at $940/ton FOB, cash. A source from the producer noted, “Our offers are slightly higher due to firming MEG prices. However, demand remains disappointing.”
Another Chinese producer also issued a $10/ton increase on its export PET offers on Wednesday, bringing its new prices to $920/ton FOB, cash.
The overall range for export PET prices is currently quoted at $905-940/ton FOB China, cash.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PVC snaps an 8-month downtrend, players remain skeptical in Turkey
- China boosts polymer imports from US again despite shrinking overall imports in 2022
- Asian PVC prices cautiously rebound from more than 2-year lows
- Freight rates near pre-Covid levels as pace of normalization accelerates
- Bleak outlook for Q1 keeps European PP, PE buyers sidelined
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows