Export PP prices from Indonesia re-emerge in SEA
A converter based in Vietnam said that they received offers for 200 tons of Indonesian raffia and injection at $1050/ton CIF, cash. “We do not find these offers to be attractive as we feel that PP prices still have room to move down given sufficient supply within the region,” the buyer stated. A bag manufacturer in the Philippines reported receiving an offer for Indonesian raffia at $1075/ton CIF, adding, “We are not sourcing from the import market these days as we find local prices to be more attractive.”
The emergence of these offers comes at a time when Indonesian producers are pushing to achieve price increases in the domestic market. An Indonesian producer implemented cumulative increases of IDR340,000-650,000/ton ($24-45/ton) for PP this week after the producer had lifted its prices by a cumulative amount of IDR400,000-410,000/ton ($28-29/ton) in the prior week.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness
- Supply constraints send key ABS markets to new highs
- Tightness leads to renewed PP hikes in China; Saudi raffia moves above $1000 CIF
- Asian PVC players brace for 7th straight monthly hike in Taiwanese major’s delayed Dec offers
- Saudi major seeks hikes for November in global PE, PP markets
- Bullish sentiment for PE cools off across globe, LD remains resilient
- Bullish run for PVC enters 6th month in Turkey: Supply relief under question
- Import PE tightness eases off in China; LDPE stabilizes at two-and-a-half-year high
- Overseas PP producers’ focus shifts to SE Asia as Chinese demand fades