Export PP prices from Indonesia re-emerge in SEA
A converter based in Vietnam said that they received offers for 200 tons of Indonesian raffia and injection at $1050/ton CIF, cash. “We do not find these offers to be attractive as we feel that PP prices still have room to move down given sufficient supply within the region,” the buyer stated. A bag manufacturer in the Philippines reported receiving an offer for Indonesian raffia at $1075/ton CIF, adding, “We are not sourcing from the import market these days as we find local prices to be more attractive.”
The emergence of these offers comes at a time when Indonesian producers are pushing to achieve price increases in the domestic market. An Indonesian producer implemented cumulative increases of IDR340,000-650,000/ton ($24-45/ton) for PP this week after the producer had lifted its prices by a cumulative amount of IDR400,000-410,000/ton ($28-29/ton) in the prior week.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?