Export PP prices from Indonesia re-emerge in SEA
A converter based in Vietnam said that they received offers for 200 tons of Indonesian raffia and injection at $1050/ton CIF, cash. “We do not find these offers to be attractive as we feel that PP prices still have room to move down given sufficient supply within the region,” the buyer stated. A bag manufacturer in the Philippines reported receiving an offer for Indonesian raffia at $1075/ton CIF, adding, “We are not sourcing from the import market these days as we find local prices to be more attractive.”
The emergence of these offers comes at a time when Indonesian producers are pushing to achieve price increases in the domestic market. An Indonesian producer implemented cumulative increases of IDR340,000-650,000/ton ($24-45/ton) for PP this week after the producer had lifted its prices by a cumulative amount of IDR400,000-410,000/ton ($28-29/ton) in the prior week.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tightness brings further price hikes in African PP, PE markets
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Stats: Turkey’s 2020 polymer imports set to beat the 2017 record
- China PP, PE markets close 2020 on a soft note; SE Asia feels pressure
- Stats: China’s total PE imports down for 2nd month in November
- Egypt PET markets poised to end the year on a strong note