Export PVC offers see at and above $1000 in China
Players attributed the steep increases in prices to firm ethylene prices in Asia, global supply concerns following Hurricane Harvey, low PVC inventories well as turnarounds and limited coal supplies amidst the ongoing strict environmental inspections.
A source from an ethylene based PVC producer noted, “Our export offers are considerably up by $70/ton from two weeks ago despite weak demand. Hurricane Harvey’s impacts on the market seem serious.”
A second ethylene based PVC producer also commented, “Although we are receiving a good number of inquiries, we don’t have any allocation for the export market due to the fact that the local market provides better margins. Plus, the ongoing environmental inspections caused coal and PVC supplies to diminish. Therefore, prices are expected to remain firm in the September-October period given supply concerns.”
A source from an acetylene based PVC producer said, “Our offers mostly follow the firmer domestic market rather than the global trend.”
Meanwhile, export prices for ethylene based PVC have also recently reached their highest levels since early December, 2016 after following a mostly firming trend since the second half of July.
In China, export prices for ethylene based PVC increased $60/ton so far this week to $980-1000/ton FOB China, cash basis while acetylene based PVC prices posted a larger increase of $135/ton at $1035/ton with the same terms.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Mid-Eastern PP, PE markets rise in February after three months of weakness
- Stats: China’s 2023 PE imports snap two-year downfall despite rapidly growing domestic capacities
- PE rally loses momentum on subsiding demand in Türkiye
- PVC prices flat for 2nd straight month in Italy and West Europe
- Freight rates snap rally, Red Sea crisis keeps decreases in check
- Worsening dollar shortage pushes Egypt’s local PP, PE prices to never-before-seen highs
- Stats: US PE exports hit a renewed record in 2023, sales to China boom
- Türkiye’s PP market continues to grapple with tight supply, prices at multi-month highs
- Margin expansion targets push Italy’s PE film markets to multi-month highs
- LDPE prices rise faster than other PP, PE products in India’s bullish market