ExxonMobil plans to expand PE capacity by 65% at Beaumont plant
The new production unit will meet increasing demand for high performance plastics. The company started the construction of the new unit and it is expected to start up in 2019. The plant’s current PE production capacity is 1 million tons/year. It is reported that the large supply of domestic shale gas enables the expansion for meeting strong demand.
ExxonMobil added two similar PE units to its Mont Belvieu Plastics Plant in Texas as well as the Beaumont Project. The multi-billion dollar investment for these expansions will increase the company’s capacity by 40% and bring it to almost 2 million tons/year. This will make Texas ExxonMobil’s largest PE supply source.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Taiwanese major poised to come lower for a 3rd month to Asian PVC markets
- Covid concerns loom large in China, hitting demand and supply-chain
- Egypt’s PVC markets extend drops into January
- SE Asian PP, PE markets look for direction amid tepid demand, rising freights
- European PS, ABS markets open 2022 on firm footing
- Asia PET prices extend gains into January
- China’s PVC exports hit records in 2021; challenge global suppliers
- Stats: Turkey’s PP, PE imports on track for record-setting year
- What to watch in 2022 in polymer markets?
- Turkey’s PE markets retain downtrend as 2021 ends