ExxonMobil’s net profit down 38% in Q3
It is reported that the company’s net income was at $2.65 billion, or 63 cents per share in Q3 from $4.24 billion, $1.01 per share in the same period of last year. ExxonMobil’s earnings from all of its divisions, including the refining unit, were down.
In the third quarter, the company’s output decreased around 3% to 3.8 million barrels per day (bdp). The company’s weaker financial results were attributed to lower crude oil prices.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand
- Asian spot naphtha prices pull back from multi-month highs
- China gears up for new PP start-ups in H2 2019