ExxonMobil to start operations at expanded facilities in US
Once the expansion is complete in Baytown, a new 1.5 million tons/year ethane-fed cracker will be added to the company’s facility, which can currently produce 1.18 million tons/year of ethylene, sources said. At least one new PE line at Mont Belvieu complex will reportedly start up at the same period of time.
ExxonMobil is also conducting expansion work at its Beaumont facility in Texas, where the company will add 650,000 tons/year of PE, and the company’s PE production capacity will increase by 2 million tons/year after they all start operations.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets
- European PVC producers ungenerous in Turkey: Prices up 21% in a month