ExxonMobil to start operations at expanded facilities in US
Once the expansion is complete in Baytown, a new 1.5 million tons/year ethane-fed cracker will be added to the company’s facility, which can currently produce 1.18 million tons/year of ethylene, sources said. At least one new PE line at Mont Belvieu complex will reportedly start up at the same period of time.
ExxonMobil is also conducting expansion work at its Beaumont facility in Texas, where the company will add 650,000 tons/year of PE, and the company’s PE production capacity will increase by 2 million tons/year after they all start operations.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Premium of HDPE over LLDPE hits 16-month high in Turkey
- Post-holiday hikes carry China homo-PP market to 1-year high
- Asia PVC markets see longest rising streak ever on extreme tightness
- Africa polymers: October offers higher amid reduced availability
- Stable to softer PE trend prevails in Europe amid soft demand, poor netbacks
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets move up, but riddled with uncertainties
- India, SEA PVC markets unlikely to take respite from bullish run for November
- Southeast Asia PET markets move sideways during China’s absence
- Egypt’s import PE market up on tight supply, domestic offers follow suit
- Will European PS, ABS track divergent paths for another month?