FDI in Turkey slightly increases in Jan-Apr
During the same period, FDI from European Union countries rose by 42% to a total of $1.7 billion from the January-April period of last year. Across the region, Spain was the biggest investor in Turkey with $961 million, followed by Belgium ($209 million), Germany ($123 million) and the Netherlands ($122 million).
In the first four months, the biggest FDI was obtained by financial intermediaries with $1 billion, which was followed by the community, social and personal service sector with $540 million as well as by the manufacturing sector with more than $480 million, the reports revealed.
Reports also showed that the amount invested in Turkey only in the month of April was $765 million.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September