Far East Asian ABS prices retreat in Turkey
A South Korean producer applied another $100/ton decrease on their ABS offers, bringing the cumulative drop from the seller to $200/ton for September. A trader reported, “We received a lower ABS natural offer at $1350/ton CIF Turkey, cash from our supplier. However, prices may pare some of their losses in the days to come if upstream prices manage to hold firm,” commented a trader.
A different South Korean producer had pioneered September drops at the end of August. The producer applied $50/ton drops two times in a row before concluding their sales for the month, reported traders.
Taiwanese ABS offers for September were revealed with $30/ton declines when compared to end August levels. The recent offers of a producer were quoted at $1415/ton for natural and $1565/ton for white grade, all on CIF Turkey, subject to 6.5% customs duty, cash.
According to ChemOrbis Turkey ABS Price Index, import ABS natural prices are now standing at the lowest levels on a weekly average since 2012, when the index was first established. Prices have posted a cumulative decrease of $300/ton since the beginning of 2015, according to the same data.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally