Fire at PetroChina’s major refinery in Dalian extinguished
The fire, which broke out two months after the end of a planned maintenance, was taken under control within hours and extinguished. No casualties were reported so far.
A spokesperson for PetroChina informed Reuters that feedstock equipment connected to the catalytic cracker has been suspended while other units of the refinery were not affected. Catalytic crackers typically produce gasoline and refinery grade propylene.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Polymer demand takes a heavy knock from deepening COVID crisis in India
- Stats: Turkey’s polymer imports rise to fresh records in Q1
- HDPE set to reach a plateau in Europe, LDPE fares better
- Bearish PP trend takes no respite on lackluster demand in Turkey
- India import PVC market recedes from all-time high on COVID-hit demand
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports in Q1 mark lowest volume in a year
- Vietnamese PE buyers hold off purchases on fears of further price pullback
- European PS on brink of a softer trend after 6 months
- Turkish PP and PE players voice bearish expectations for May
- China’s local homo-PP prices slide below imports