Fire at PetroChina’s major refinery in Dalian extinguished
The fire, which broke out two months after the end of a planned maintenance, was taken under control within hours and extinguished. No casualties were reported so far.
A spokesperson for PetroChina informed Reuters that feedstock equipment connected to the catalytic cracker has been suspended while other units of the refinery were not affected. Catalytic crackers typically produce gasoline and refinery grade propylene.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook
- SEA PE uptrend intact, yet increases capped by reduced demand
- Taiwanese major hikes Aug PVC offers to Asia as limited availability outweighs monsoon effect