Fire breaks out at Braskem's PE plant
Accordingly, a gas combustion at the company’s 72,000 tons/year PE6 plant disrupted the operations. Following the explosion, the unit was shut down while the other plants are reportedly operating at normal rates.
The local media also reported that the case is being investigated and the officials are working on to assess and fix the damage caused by the gas explosion.
The company houses 21 other units with a capacity of 6,000 tons/month each at its Triunfo complex.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey's polymer markets deadlocked as lira’s freefall shatters all records
- Homo-PP downturn in full swing in China
- Bearish pressure mounts on SE Asian PE markets
- Oil faces demand pressure from renewed Covid-19 fears
- Europe PET market hovers around a decade-high, Asia stumbles
- Turkey's import PE market set to reverse course in December
- Sentiment in China PP, PE markets turns bearish again
- Taiwanese major’s Dec PVC price cuts deeper than expected
- Egypt’s PP, PE prices see corrections as buyers resist firm offers
- Nov hikes send Europe’s PE markets to multi-month highs