Fire breaks out at Braskem's PE plant
Accordingly, a gas combustion at the company’s 72,000 tons/year PE6 plant disrupted the operations. Following the explosion, the unit was shut down while the other plants are reportedly operating at normal rates.
The local media also reported that the case is being investigated and the officials are working on to assess and fix the damage caused by the gas explosion.
The company houses 21 other units with a capacity of 6,000 tons/month each at its Triunfo complex.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets
- European PVC offers to Turkey shrug off higher costs
- Asian PVC players hold firm expectations for June
- May PP, PE offers to Mid-East, Africa remain stable to firm
- Global energy producers report lower Q1 results amid volatile crude prices
- China’s Q1 polymer imports set a new record near 6 million tons