Fire breaks out at Braskem's PE plant
Accordingly, a gas combustion at the company’s 72,000 tons/year PE6 plant disrupted the operations. Following the explosion, the unit was shut down while the other plants are reportedly operating at normal rates.
The local media also reported that the case is being investigated and the officials are working on to assess and fix the damage caused by the gas explosion.
The company houses 21 other units with a capacity of 6,000 tons/month each at its Triunfo complex.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will European PP markets change direction after 3 months?
- Turkish PP, PE players leaving market for holiday with firm post-Eid expectations
- June PVC hikes exceed expectations in Asia, sustainability under discussion
- Import PS, ABS markets recover amid upstream gains in Egypt
- PP, PE markets on a slight uptrend in Indonesia despite Ramadan lull
- European PE hovers around 11-year low, is reversal near?
- US PVC prices bounce on heels of eased stock pressure
- China PP market volatile since its rebound in H1 April, is it the new normal?
- Taiwanese major’s June PVC pricing expected to reverse course after two months
- Lockdown easing hopes help PE prices in Southeast Asia