Fire breaks out at Braskem's PE plant
Accordingly, a gas combustion at the company’s 72,000 tons/year PE6 plant disrupted the operations. Following the explosion, the unit was shut down while the other plants are reportedly operating at normal rates.
The local media also reported that the case is being investigated and the officials are working on to assess and fix the damage caused by the gas explosion.
The company houses 21 other units with a capacity of 6,000 tons/month each at its Triunfo complex.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China PP, PE markets on nearly 3-month losing streak amid scant demand
- June PP, PE prices drop further on weakened activities in Egypt
- Europe’s PS, ABS markets come off peaks on plunging costs
- Asian polymer markets unfazed by crude oil rally
- India’s polymer demand slowly heals pandemic-inflicted wounds
- LDPE faces a tougher slog in Asia, Europe still on a tear
- Weakness extends to June in Saudi Arabian PP, PE markets
- European PP signals stabilization after 7 months of hikes
- Turkish plastic recycling market in deadlock–solution awaited on import waste ban
- Asia PVC markets decline to 3-month low as downturn fueled by June announcements