Firming falters in China’s PE market amid balanced supply-demand
In terms of supply-demand balance, availability neither in the local market nor in the import market is said to be comfortable. Traders have also been reporting limited supplies from the Middle East for the past few weeks. Production was already lower due to Ramadan and the Eid holiday as well as some production problems, some argued.
Supply is generally deemed as balanced with sluggish demand. “Demand has been weak and therefore, reduced supplies are not creating a problem for now in the PE market,” said a trader.
However, there are expectations of seeing an improvement in demand in the weeks ahead in line with the anticipated start of the season for agricultural film. “If demand starts for agricultural film in August, there is not much supply for LDPE and LLDPE in the local market,” said a distributor.
Another distributor said, “Some agricultural film converters have started their production recently, although they are buying on a needs only basis for now.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Initial June PE offers to SEA signal firming despite buyers’ resistance
- Firming in ethylene lags behind propylene in Europe
- PET rally stalls in China after prices hit four-and-half-year high
- Asian PS retains firming path on supportive upstream
- June PE outlook under discussion in Europe
- Taiwanese major lowers June PVC offers to Asia despite firm China
- Local PP markets cautiously firmer in Vietnam, Indonesia
- Global ethylene prices continue to defy energy rally
- China’s import polyolefin markets up on soaring crude, futures
- Step-back from initial rollover attempts for ABS in Europe