Firming falters in China’s PE market amid balanced supply-demand
In terms of supply-demand balance, availability neither in the local market nor in the import market is said to be comfortable. Traders have also been reporting limited supplies from the Middle East for the past few weeks. Production was already lower due to Ramadan and the Eid holiday as well as some production problems, some argued.
Supply is generally deemed as balanced with sluggish demand. “Demand has been weak and therefore, reduced supplies are not creating a problem for now in the PE market,” said a trader.
However, there are expectations of seeing an improvement in demand in the weeks ahead in line with the anticipated start of the season for agricultural film. “If demand starts for agricultural film in August, there is not much supply for LDPE and LLDPE in the local market,” said a distributor.
Another distributor said, “Some agricultural film converters have started their production recently, although they are buying on a needs only basis for now.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s stormy week: Hike attempts emerge after 4 months in PP, PE markets
- PVC markets fail to extend gains to Oct on economic woes, low demand in Asia
- Sentiment cautiously rebounds in Asian PP, PE markets
- Asian monomer markets react after crude oil surge
- September hikes meet resistance for ABS in Europe
- Turkey’s import PP market slumps to 3-year low on supply glut, low demand
- Import PVC demand dampened in Europe, Turkey; will it improve in H2?
- Chinese PET producers attempt for hikes first time since July
- Uptrend in spot styrene prices curtailed in Asia
- Spot LDPE, LLDPE prices hit a decade low in Italy