Firming falters in China’s PE market amid balanced supply-demand
In terms of supply-demand balance, availability neither in the local market nor in the import market is said to be comfortable. Traders have also been reporting limited supplies from the Middle East for the past few weeks. Production was already lower due to Ramadan and the Eid holiday as well as some production problems, some argued.
Supply is generally deemed as balanced with sluggish demand. “Demand has been weak and therefore, reduced supplies are not creating a problem for now in the PE market,” said a trader.
However, there are expectations of seeing an improvement in demand in the weeks ahead in line with the anticipated start of the season for agricultural film. “If demand starts for agricultural film in August, there is not much supply for LDPE and LLDPE in the local market,” said a distributor.
Another distributor said, “Some agricultural film converters have started their production recently, although they are buying on a needs only basis for now.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PVC downturn gains pace in Asia on Taiwanese major’s larger-than expected drop
- Asian spot propylene regains premium over ethylene for first time since 2013
- Import LDPE, LLDPE prices almost back at par with ethylene in China
- Turkish players voice early PP, PE expectations for November
- Thin buying cushions impact of PVC shutdowns across Europe
- China’s PP market makes a strong start to post-holiday period
- Asian ethylene-naphtha spread narrows to 3-year low
- Local PVC markets plunge in India, Southeast Asia
- PE sustains soft path in October across Africa, Mid-East
- Will propylene hike be reflected on European PP?