Firming falters in China’s PE market amid balanced supply-demand
In terms of supply-demand balance, availability neither in the local market nor in the import market is said to be comfortable. Traders have also been reporting limited supplies from the Middle East for the past few weeks. Production was already lower due to Ramadan and the Eid holiday as well as some production problems, some argued.
Supply is generally deemed as balanced with sluggish demand. “Demand has been weak and therefore, reduced supplies are not creating a problem for now in the PE market,” said a trader.
However, there are expectations of seeing an improvement in demand in the weeks ahead in line with the anticipated start of the season for agricultural film. “If demand starts for agricultural film in August, there is not much supply for LDPE and LLDPE in the local market,” said a distributor.
Another distributor said, “Some agricultural film converters have started their production recently, although they are buying on a needs only basis for now.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PE and PVC imports from US flooding Europe
- Indonesia’s polyolefin markets sustain uptrend
- Asian PVC markets shaken by sharp fall in Taiwanese major’s Apr pricing
- March PE prices take split paths in Africa, Mid-East
- Asian PS markets touch 4-month high amid volatile styrene
- Turkey’s PP market attracts deep-sea origins at 4-month high
- European ABS rebounds from 3-year low
- Firming persists in Vietnam’s PE market, shrugging off ethylene
- European styrene continues to climb up, Asia remains cautiously firm
- PP market up from a year-low in Europe; yet hikes beyond C3 see resistance