First US ethane cargo to arrive at INEOS’ UK cracker in Sept
Ineos’ CEO Tom Crotty was quoted as saying that a shipment is headed to Rafnes, Norway while the shipment for Grangemouth has not departed yet, but is scheduled to arrive on September 27.
INEOS’ first shipment from the US carrying 25,000 cubic meters of ethane arrived in Rafnes, Norway in March, according to the company’s former statements.
The company has built ethane gas storage tanks both in Rafnes, Norway and Grangemouth, Scotland, with the capacities of 560,000 tons/year and 1.06 million tons/year, respectively. The company will use the gas as fuel and feedstock at these steam crackers.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years