First US ethane cargo to arrive at INEOS’ UK cracker in Sept
Ineos’ CEO Tom Crotty was quoted as saying that a shipment is headed to Rafnes, Norway while the shipment for Grangemouth has not departed yet, but is scheduled to arrive on September 27.
INEOS’ first shipment from the US carrying 25,000 cubic meters of ethane arrived in Rafnes, Norway in March, according to the company’s former statements.
The company has built ethane gas storage tanks both in Rafnes, Norway and Grangemouth, Scotland, with the capacities of 560,000 tons/year and 1.06 million tons/year, respectively. The company will use the gas as fuel and feedstock at these steam crackers.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion