First US ethane cargo to arrive at INEOS’ UK cracker in Sept
Ineos’ CEO Tom Crotty was quoted as saying that a shipment is headed to Rafnes, Norway while the shipment for Grangemouth has not departed yet, but is scheduled to arrive on September 27.
INEOS’ first shipment from the US carrying 25,000 cubic meters of ethane arrived in Rafnes, Norway in March, according to the company’s former statements.
The company has built ethane gas storage tanks both in Rafnes, Norway and Grangemouth, Scotland, with the capacities of 560,000 tons/year and 1.06 million tons/year, respectively. The company will use the gas as fuel and feedstock at these steam crackers.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand
- Asian spot naphtha prices pull back from multi-month highs
- China gears up for new PP start-ups in H2 2019