Five butadiene plants to be shut for turnaround in Japan
The five butadiene plants have a combined production capacity of 638,000 ton/year, forming the 59% of the total butadiene capacity in Japan. No turnaround plans were disclosed regarding the other four plants located in Japan.
JSR is expected to be shut for an annual maintenance next year during February-March, while the company’s other butadiene plant will be offline in May-July. Chiba Butadiene, JXTG and Zeon are also planning to have a maintenance shutdown during the periods of May-July, March-April and September-October, respectively.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Global PET markets surge on heels of costs, tightness
- SE Asia PP uptrend fueled by China’s strong return
- US PE offers back in the game in global markets
- Egypt’s PP, PE markets rise to 5-month high in October
- Oct PE pricing under discussion amid rising costs, tepid demand in Europe
- Crude at multi-year highs contributes to a perfect storm in polymers
- An enduring challenge: Unprecedented times in PVC markets
- Saudi major opts for firm Oct pricing in both local and export polyolefin markets
- Coal prices hit record highs in China with knock-on effects for PP, PVC markets
- European PP players foresee stability for Oct despite higher propylene