Floating EGP: a solution for Egypt’s decreasing dollar reserves
Shams noted that economic protocols suggest that the solution to decreasing dollar reserves is to float the pound. However, this solution is difficult to implement in Egypt due to the political and social dimensions associated with this decision. Therefore, it is necessary to work to increase dollar resources, either through available resources and price adjustments, which will be difficult, or by setting restrictions to rationalize imports.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China’s PET markets extend rebound on firmer costs
- Asian ethylene-naphtha spread at almost 7-year low
- European PVC defies global uptrend
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets at a standstill amid lingering downturn
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high