Foreign direct investment in China rises in Jan-Oct period
The Ministry of Commerce stated that FDI grew mainly in the service sector and high-tech services. FDI in the service sector rose 9.1% on year while FDI in high-tech services jumped 90.2% to reach 79.18 billion yuan ($11.49 billion) from the previous year.
Data shows that FDI in China’s western regions, which are considered as less developed parts, increased by a larger ratio of 29.8% to reach 49.27 billion yuan ($7.15 billion ) year on year while FDI in more developed eastern parts of the country rose 6.9% to reach 582.82 billion yuan ($84.60 billion).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey shattered as PP prices shoot up to surreal levels
- Polymer markets face one of most chaotic times
- Turnaround season set to get underway in Asia
- Crude oil heals COVID-inflicted wounds; now what lies ahead?
- Global shipping turmoil deepens, adding to the upheaval in plastic resins
- China’s post-holiday polymer outlook supported by supply limitations, crude oil
- US PE exports hit record high for 2020 despite production and logistics hurdles
- African PP, PE markets firmer on continued tightness in supplies
- Lack of sales pressure supports SEA PE markets
- Will soaring prices attract PP, PE imports to Europe?