Foreign direct investment in China rises in Jan-Oct period
The Ministry of Commerce stated that FDI grew mainly in the service sector and high-tech services. FDI in the service sector rose 9.1% on year while FDI in high-tech services jumped 90.2% to reach 79.18 billion yuan ($11.49 billion) from the previous year.
Data shows that FDI in China’s western regions, which are considered as less developed parts, increased by a larger ratio of 29.8% to reach 49.27 billion yuan ($7.15 billion ) year on year while FDI in more developed eastern parts of the country rose 6.9% to reach 582.82 billion yuan ($84.60 billion).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand
- Asian spot naphtha prices pull back from multi-month highs
- China gears up for new PP start-ups in H2 2019