Foreign direct investment in China rises in Jan-Oct period
The Ministry of Commerce stated that FDI grew mainly in the service sector and high-tech services. FDI in the service sector rose 9.1% on year while FDI in high-tech services jumped 90.2% to reach 79.18 billion yuan ($11.49 billion) from the previous year.
Data shows that FDI in China’s western regions, which are considered as less developed parts, increased by a larger ratio of 29.8% to reach 49.27 billion yuan ($7.15 billion ) year on year while FDI in more developed eastern parts of the country rose 6.9% to reach 582.82 billion yuan ($84.60 billion).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion