Foreign direct investment in China rises in Jan-Oct period
The Ministry of Commerce stated that FDI grew mainly in the service sector and high-tech services. FDI in the service sector rose 9.1% on year while FDI in high-tech services jumped 90.2% to reach 79.18 billion yuan ($11.49 billion) from the previous year.
Data shows that FDI in China’s western regions, which are considered as less developed parts, increased by a larger ratio of 29.8% to reach 49.27 billion yuan ($7.15 billion ) year on year while FDI in more developed eastern parts of the country rose 6.9% to reach 582.82 billion yuan ($84.60 billion).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PET sellers hunt for signs of market bottom in Europe
- India’s import PP, PE markets rebound in Jan after several months of declines
- Tight supplies keep Asian PVC markets bullish
- Crude oil market sentiment turns in favour of bulls
- Will European PVC take a breather from 9-month downtrend in February?
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year
- Weak activities press import PE, PP suppliers for discounts in Egypt
- Price erosion continues inside Middle Eastern polyolefins markets
- European PP, PE markets open 2023 with renewed drops