France’s GDP stagnates, missing estimates in Q2
Consumer spending growth declined sharply to a 0.1% increase in the second quarter from a 0.9% increase in the first quarter due to lower spending on energy and higher temperatures. Exports increased 1.7% in the April-June period after rising by 1.3% in the first quarter. Corporate investment, meanwhile, rose by 0.2% in the second quarter, posting their highest level since 2008.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PS, EPS markets retain uptrend on low availability
- China’s PP, PE and PVC markets continue to offer poor netbacks despite better sentiment
- LDPE run-up enters its third month in China as tightness persists
- African PP, PE markets extend gains into Sept on tightness
- European PS follows SM lower in Sept, ABS flat on tightness
- Turkey PP, PE markets propelled higher by shipping bottlenecks in Sept
- Are record-high PVC prices the new normal amid enduring pandemic?
- European PVC up for 16th month in Sept, prices touch new highs
- Egypt’s PP, PE markets rise on tightness in September
- Logistics snarls propel import PP, PE offers higher in Europe