France’s GDP stagnates, missing estimates in Q2
Consumer spending growth declined sharply to a 0.1% increase in the second quarter from a 0.9% increase in the first quarter due to lower spending on energy and higher temperatures. Exports increased 1.7% in the April-June period after rising by 1.3% in the first quarter. Corporate investment, meanwhile, rose by 0.2% in the second quarter, posting their highest level since 2008.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market
- China’s PE uptrend fueled by US force majeures; LDPE soars to more than 1-year high
- Stats: China’s cumulative PP imports in Jan-July 2020 reach record-high
- Sept PP, PE trend begins to take shape in Saudi Arabia
- Sept expectations voiced in Europe; ABS draws rosier picture than PS