France’s and Italy’s factory output unexpectedly down in April
The report also showed that production in the auto sector fell 0.3% while coking and refining output slumped 11% in April from a month earlier.
Meanwhile, according to a report released by Italy’s statistics office, Istat , the country’s industrial output posted a seasonally adjusted decrease of 0.3% on the month, posting the largest decline since January. On a yearly basis, however, Italy’s industrial output edged up 0.1% on workday-adjusted terms. Wall Street Journal economists’ initial estimates called for an increase of 0.2% from a month earlier and a 0.8% gain on the year.
The monthly decrease in the country’s industrial output was attributed to a 1.3% fall in energy and a 1.2% decrease in consumer goods.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Global oil and petchem revenues hit by challenging market environment
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia