France to prohibit usage of plastic dishware by 2020
France’s decision was part of the country’s contribution to fight climate change; however, it is not supported by the whole EU. Ecologists support the decision but Pack2Go, a Brussels-based organization representing European packaging producers is fighting against it saying it violates European Union rules on the free movement of goods.
Earlier this year, France had also prohibited the usage of plastic bags in supermarkets.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers