France to prohibit usage of plastic dishware by 2020
France’s decision was part of the country’s contribution to fight climate change; however, it is not supported by the whole EU. Ecologists support the decision but Pack2Go, a Brussels-based organization representing European packaging producers is fighting against it saying it violates European Union rules on the free movement of goods.
Earlier this year, France had also prohibited the usage of plastic bags in supermarkets.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- HDPE set to reach a plateau in Europe, LDPE fares better
- Bearish PP trend takes no respite on lackluster demand in Turkey
- India import PVC market recedes from all-time high on COVID-hit demand
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports in Q1 mark lowest volume in a year
- Vietnamese PE buyers hold off purchases on fears of further price pullback
- European PS on brink of a softer trend after 6 months
- Turkish PP and PE players voice bearish expectations for May
- China’s local homo-PP prices slide below imports
- Irregular PE origins emerge at competitive prices in Europe
- Mid-Eastern sellers backpedal in Africa on competitive PP, PE offers from Asia