French economy grows at a faster than estimated pace
This indicates the third consecutive quarter of expansion in France’s economy. The number of job seekers dropped for a second consecutive month in April thanks to the stronger economy, according to statistics.
The expansion in France’s gross domestic product (GDP) for the first quarter was led by a 1% increase in consumer spending and a 2.4% rise in business investment. Meanwhile, total investment, including households and the state, rose 1.2%.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months