Further PP, PE increases from Indonesian producer
According to the source, the producer’s PP offers currently stand at IDR15,500,000/ton ($1090/ton) for raffia and injection, at IDR15,780,000-15,930,000/ton ($1110-1120/ton) for film, at IDR16,210,000/ton ($1140/ton) for coating and at IDR15,930,000/ton ($1120/ton) for BOPP, all on an FD Indonesia, cash basis.
For PE, the producer’s offers stand at IDR18,350,000/ton ($1290/ton) for LLDPE film and HDPE film, at IDR19,780,000/ton ($1390/ton) for LLDPE injection, at IDR18,640,000/ton ($1310/ton) for HDPE injection and at IDR18,780,000/ton ($1320/ton) for HDPE pipe (PE100) and HDPE blow moulding, all on an FD, cash basis.
Despite their recent reductions, the producer’s new offer levels still indicate decreases on a dollar basis as the Indonesian rupiah continues to depreciate, with the currency dropping below 14,000 to the dollar by the end of the week.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East