Further PS, ABS hikes from Asian producers to SE Asia
An agent of a Taiwanese producer reported that their supplier lifted their offers to Southeast Asia by $40/ton for HIPS and by $30/ton for GPPS and ABS when compared to last week, bringing their new offers to $1100/ton for GPPS, to $1140/ton for HIPS and to $1200/ton for ABS, all on a CIF SEA, cash basis. The agent commented, “We believe that PS and ABS prices will witness further increases in the near term given strong styrene costs.”
A source from a Southeast Asian producer also reported that they increased their PS offers to the regional markets on the back of firmer styrene. The producer’s prices currently stand at $1160/ton for GPPS and at $1200/ton for HIPS, on a CIF SEA, cash basis. Their new levels indicate increases of $30/ton and $40/ton, respectively, when compared to last week. “Demand is not bad, but we are still giving discounts to our customers,” the source stated.
Import PS prices currently stand at $1100-1160/ton for GPPS and at $1140-1200/ton for HIPS, all on a CIF Southeast Asia, cash basis while ABS prices are reported at $1190-1200/ton with the same terms.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe