Further PS decreases from Taiwanese producer to China, SE Asia
The producer decreased its PS offers this week by $40-50/ton for GPPS and by $20-30/ton for HIPS respectively to $1200/ton and to $1300/ton on CIF China/SEA, cash basis.
A source from the producer commented, “We are still open to give $20-30/ton discounts from our offer levels. Demand remains weak as customers either place lower bids or stay on the sidelines. Although their inventories are low, buyers may not purchase much in the days ahead as May-July is the low season. As a result of the current market conditions, we will shut our HIPS line at the end of this month for 2-3 weeks.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market
- China’s PE uptrend fueled by US force majeures; LDPE soars to more than 1-year high
- Stats: China’s cumulative PP imports in Jan-July 2020 reach record-high