GPCA reveals winners of Plastic Excellence Awards
ChemOrbis attended the conference with a presentation by Mirza Kadic, Business Development Director, titled “Opportunities in Africa”.
Mr.Kadic is next to Tilman F.Ehret, CEO, Astra Polymers, a member of ChemOrbis.
In the ceremony, Sabic in partnership with Hira Industries, KSA won in the “Joint Development/Improvement of a New Product or Application – Resin Producer & Plastic Converter” category while Borouge won in two categories titled “Best Sustainability Initiatives in the Plastics Conversion Industry” and “Best Researcher in Plastics and Plastic Conversion” with Janne Lampela’s research on RG568MO.
Also, Ingenia Polymers Company, KSA won in the “Innovative and New Plastic Products and Processes” category while Israa Al-Rowaihi, KAUST was nominated the award for “Fikra: Rising Stars of the Plastics Industry” for her work on production of bioplastics from CO2 using renewable energy resources.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Global polymer markets face soaring freights amid pent-up demand
- RCEP to boost Asia-Pacific polymer trade; will global PP, PE trade flows change?
- PVC sellers’ India pricing strategy may differ from other Asian markets
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness
- Supply constraints send key ABS markets to new highs
- Tightness leads to renewed PP hikes in China; Saudi raffia moves above $1000 CIF
- Asian PVC players brace for 7th straight monthly hike in Taiwanese major’s delayed Dec offers
- Saudi major seeks hikes for November in global PE, PP markets
- Bullish sentiment for PE cools off across globe, LD remains resilient