GPCA reveals winners of Plastic Excellence Awards
ChemOrbis attended the conference with a presentation by Mirza Kadic, Business Development Director, titled “Opportunities in Africa”.
Mr.Kadic is next to Tilman F.Ehret, CEO, Astra Polymers, a member of ChemOrbis.
In the ceremony, Sabic in partnership with Hira Industries, KSA won in the “Joint Development/Improvement of a New Product or Application – Resin Producer & Plastic Converter” category while Borouge won in two categories titled “Best Sustainability Initiatives in the Plastics Conversion Industry” and “Best Researcher in Plastics and Plastic Conversion” with Janne Lampela’s research on RG568MO.
Also, Ingenia Polymers Company, KSA won in the “Innovative and New Plastic Products and Processes” category while Israa Al-Rowaihi, KAUST was nominated the award for “Fikra: Rising Stars of the Plastics Industry” for her work on production of bioplastics from CO2 using renewable energy resources.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?