GPCA reveals winners of Plastic Excellence Awards
ChemOrbis attended the conference with a presentation by Mirza Kadic, Business Development Director, titled “Opportunities in Africa”.
Mr.Kadic is next to Tilman F.Ehret, CEO, Astra Polymers, a member of ChemOrbis.
In the ceremony, Sabic in partnership with Hira Industries, KSA won in the “Joint Development/Improvement of a New Product or Application – Resin Producer & Plastic Converter” category while Borouge won in two categories titled “Best Sustainability Initiatives in the Plastics Conversion Industry” and “Best Researcher in Plastics and Plastic Conversion” with Janne Lampela’s research on RG568MO.
Also, Ingenia Polymers Company, KSA won in the “Innovative and New Plastic Products and Processes” category while Israa Al-Rowaihi, KAUST was nominated the award for “Fikra: Rising Stars of the Plastics Industry” for her work on production of bioplastics from CO2 using renewable energy resources.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Shortage pushes Europe’s ABS markets to multi-year highs
- Longest-ever rally staggers in Turkey’s PVC market
- Upstream keeps China PET afloat; prices hit 11-month high
- Import PVC uptrend loses momentum in Asia; is the 9-month rally coming to an end?
- Tightness brings further price hikes in African PP, PE markets
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets