Gap between ABS and HIPS prices shrinks in SE Asia
According to data, last week, the gap between the two products decreased by around $15/ton on a weekly basis, with average import ABS prices on a CIF SEA basis currently carrying a premium of around $60/ton over HIPS prices.
An agent of a Taiwanese producer commented, “The gap between import ABS and HIPS prices has shrunk owing to decreasing butadiene costs. We think that some converters may switch to using ABS instead of HIPS if this situation continues over the longer term.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Vietnam PP market yet to respond to faltering upturn in China
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe