Gap between ABS and HIPS prices shrinks in SE Asia
According to data, last week, the gap between the two products decreased by around $15/ton on a weekly basis, with average import ABS prices on a CIF SEA basis currently carrying a premium of around $60/ton over HIPS prices.
An agent of a Taiwanese producer commented, “The gap between import ABS and HIPS prices has shrunk owing to decreasing butadiene costs. We think that some converters may switch to using ABS instead of HIPS if this situation continues over the longer term.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Export PVC prices out of China provide competitive edge
- European PP, PE set for 6th bullish month, is peak near?
- Caution reigns China PP market amid scant demand, low import supply
- Major producer leads way in higher April PP, PE pricing in Saudi Arabia
- European PVC set to rise for 11th month in April
- Suez Canal blockage: Global shipping faces another challenge
- Aggressive PP offers from China continue to find way to Turkey, Vietnam
- Stats: China’s total PE imports in Jan-Feb hit fresh record high
- PVC buyers’ resistance to sharp April hikes grows in SE Asia
- European PS sentiment cools off on styrene correction; ABS remains unfazed