Gap between ABS and HIPS prices shrinks in SE Asia
According to data, last week, the gap between the two products decreased by around $15/ton on a weekly basis, with average import ABS prices on a CIF SEA basis currently carrying a premium of around $60/ton over HIPS prices.
An agent of a Taiwanese producer commented, “The gap between import ABS and HIPS prices has shrunk owing to decreasing butadiene costs. We think that some converters may switch to using ABS instead of HIPS if this situation continues over the longer term.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Global oil and petchem revenues hit by challenging market environment
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia