Gap between GPPS and HIPS widens in Turkey
According to ChemOrbis Price Index, the gap between local GPPS and HIPS hit around $140/ton on a weekly average, the widest since early April.
Consequently, the local HIPS market stabilized at $1840-1900/ton ex-warehouse Turkey, cash, while the GPPS range hovered at around $1670-1750/ton for various origins. “We sold our PS materials while they were on the way and will carry out their deliveries for the rest of June,” remarked a distributor.
A large scaled converter commented today, “HIPS prices seem to have gained some premium in the recent days despite bearish butadiene prices amidst volatile energy costs. GPPS offers, however, remain under the pressure of comfortable supplies even though the styrene market moved up since purchasing volumes are limited amidst Ramadan.”
In the upstream markets, spot butadiene prices are down by $100/ton from the beginning of June. Styrene costs, however, were up by $35/ton in the same period.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PET bottle fails to salve pandemic wounds; challenges mount as autumn begins
- Can LDPE uptrend hold in Asia?
- Europe PVC prices lag behind global markets, upward pressure mounts
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness