Gap between PP raffia and fibre reaches $100 in Turkey
This week, the gap between these two products has risen up to $100/ton for some origins in the import market. Middle Eastern raffia is reported at $1010-1040/ton and fibre is reported at $1100-1140/ton, all CIF, cash, subject to 6.5% duty. As for Iran, raffia is offered at $1050/ton while fibre is reported at $1130-1145/ton, all CPT, cash, subject to 6.5% duty.
Sellers concur that raffia demand has been showing a much weaker performance and availability is rather sufficient for this product. “Buyers secured sufficient amounts of materials in February, March and April. As there are still cargoes on the way, sack and big bag manufacturers are not rushing to buy these days,” said a trader.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Shortage pushes Europe’s ABS markets to multi-year highs
- Longest-ever rally staggers in Turkey’s PVC market
- Upstream keeps China PET afloat; prices hit 11-month high
- Import PVC uptrend loses momentum in Asia; is the 9-month rally coming to an end?
- Tightness brings further price hikes in African PP, PE markets
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets