Gap between ethylene and acetylene PVC narrows in China
According to the data, ethylene based PVC prices on an ex-warehouse China basis are currently trading with a premium of around $50/ton over prices for acetylene based PVC, the smallest gap seen since mid January. The premium carried by conventional PVC prices over acetylene based prices has fallen by around $40-45/ton since the start of March.
Source: ChemOrbis Price Index
A trader based in Hangzhou reported that local acetylene based prices have increased around CNY100-200/ton ($16-32/ton) compared to last week while conventional PVC prices were also up by around CNY50-100/ton ($8-16/ton). He stated, “The gap between conventional PVC and acetylene based PVC has started to narrow as acetylene based prices are witnessing relatively bigger increases nowadays.”
In China, local ethylene based PVC prices are currently reported at CNY6000-6200/ton ex-warehouse China, cash including VAT ($839-867/ton without VAT) while prices for acetylene based PVC are at CNY5650-5800/ton ($790-811/ton without VAT) with the same terms.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns