Gap between ethylene and acetylene PVC narrows in China
According to the data, ethylene based PVC prices on an ex-warehouse China basis are currently trading with a premium of around $50/ton over prices for acetylene based PVC, the smallest gap seen since mid January. The premium carried by conventional PVC prices over acetylene based prices has fallen by around $40-45/ton since the start of March.
Source: ChemOrbis Price Index
A trader based in Hangzhou reported that local acetylene based prices have increased around CNY100-200/ton ($16-32/ton) compared to last week while conventional PVC prices were also up by around CNY50-100/ton ($8-16/ton). He stated, “The gap between conventional PVC and acetylene based PVC has started to narrow as acetylene based prices are witnessing relatively bigger increases nowadays.”
In China, local ethylene based PVC prices are currently reported at CNY6000-6200/ton ex-warehouse China, cash including VAT ($839-867/ton without VAT) while prices for acetylene based PVC are at CNY5650-5800/ton ($790-811/ton without VAT) with the same terms.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness
- Supply constraints send key ABS markets to new highs
- Tightness leads to renewed PP hikes in China; Saudi raffia moves above $1000 CIF
- Asian PVC players brace for 7th straight monthly hike in Taiwanese major’s delayed Dec offers
- Saudi major seeks hikes for November in global PE, PP markets
- Bullish sentiment for PE cools off across globe, LD remains resilient
- Bullish run for PVC enters 6th month in Turkey: Supply relief under question
- Import PE tightness eases off in China; LDPE stabilizes at two-and-a-half-year high
- Overseas PP producers’ focus shifts to SE Asia as Chinese demand fades