Gap between import HIPS and ABS prices widens in China
According to data from ChemOrbis Price Index, import ABS prices on a weekly average basis are currently carrying a premium of around $361/ton against import HIPS prices, the largest gap since March 2012.
A trader operating in Hong Kong stated, “ABS prices have been witnessing larger gains in the past months due to surging spot butadiene costs. Following OPEC’s decision to cut production, crude oil prices jumped over the $50/barrel level. This is putting extra pressure on both butadiene and styrene prices as well as the ABS and HIPS markets.”
In China, the overall range for import ABS prices is currently standing at $1700-1742/ton on a CIF, cash basis while import HIPS prices stand at $1349-1364/ton with the same terms.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers