Gap between import HIPS and ABS prices widens in China
According to data from ChemOrbis Price Index, import ABS prices on a weekly average basis are currently carrying a premium of around $361/ton against import HIPS prices, the largest gap since March 2012.
A trader operating in Hong Kong stated, “ABS prices have been witnessing larger gains in the past months due to surging spot butadiene costs. Following OPEC’s decision to cut production, crude oil prices jumped over the $50/barrel level. This is putting extra pressure on both butadiene and styrene prices as well as the ABS and HIPS markets.”
In China, the overall range for import ABS prices is currently standing at $1700-1742/ton on a CIF, cash basis while import HIPS prices stand at $1349-1364/ton with the same terms.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- SE Asian PP, PE markets look for direction amid tepid demand, rising freights
- European PS, ABS markets open 2022 on firm footing
- Asia PET prices extend gains into January
- China’s PVC exports hit records in 2021; challenge global suppliers
- Stats: Turkey’s PP, PE imports on track for record-setting year
- What to watch in 2022 in polymer markets?
- Turkey’s PE markets retain downtrend as 2021 ends
- Asian PP, PE markets to start 2022 on a bearish note
- PET bottle prices rise 40% in 2021 across Asia
- Egypt’s PVC markets set to end 2021 on weaker footing