Gap between local HIPS and GPPS prices largest in one year in Turkey
GPPS continued to hover at $1920-2010/ton while HIPS was at $2050-2100/ton ex-warehouse Turkey, cash inc VAT. According to data from ChemOrbis Price Wizard, the premium of locally-held HIPS over GPPS has widened nearly to $120/ton, marking the widest gap of the last one year.
Source: ChemOrbis Price Wizard
This was attributed mainly to the comfortable supply levels in the GPPS market, which made sellers to stay more willing to give discounts unlike for HIPS. “The downward pressure on GPPS is more visible compare to HIPS, supply of which is tight,” many players confirmed. Some traders reminded the fact that the number of Malaysian HIPS offers was reduced in the last couple of months following the drastic hikes they saw during the previous bullish trend. “Traders remained reluctant to replace material for that origin due to the unworkably high prices for the origin,” a trader said.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China HDPE market’s premium over LLDPE hits highest in a year
- Indian PVC players expect bullish trend to taper off for August
- Local PP, PE offers for July track global uptrend in Saudi Arabia
- Initial ABS prices for July see larger increases than PS in Europe
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions