Gap between local LDPE and LLDPE hits over three-year-high in Turkey
Source: ChemOrbis Price Wizard
The wider premium of LDPE prices over LLDPE was attributed to the tight LDPE availability from Middle Eastern sources including Saudi Arabia and Qatar during the last couple of months. A global producer selling Saudi Arabian cargoes commented, “We are sold out already and we are currently waiting to hear new sales strategies from our headquarters for March. We feel that our allocation will be very limited for another month.”
A manufacturer thinks that the main reason behind the large gap is the comfortable LLDPE supply versus tight LDPE grades. “There might be seasonal reasons too as LDPE and LLDPE have different application areas,” he further opined.
Another seller opined, “The gap between local LDPE and LLDPE prices has widened considerably. Either LDPE prices will drop or LLDPE prices will increase.”
In the distribution market, locally-held prices are reported this week at $1730-1770/ton for LDPE and $1540-1580/ton for LLDPE, on ex-warehouse, cash inc VAT basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers