Gap between local PP raffia and HIPS hits 6 month high in Turkey
Source: ChemOrbis Price Wizard
The prevailing homo PP raffia range was reported at $1260-1330/ton ex-warehouse Turkey, cash inc VAT over the week. The market was on a steady easinge since mid-October driven by sufficient availability, retreating import offers as well as low buying interest amidst the nearing year end and high USD/TL parity. HIPS offers, on the other hand, were quoted between $1600-1650/ton with the same terms in line with surging upstream costs and the import PS market in the period.
A converter active in the packaging market commented, “The gap between HIPS and PP raffia widened a lot during the last two months. Normally, it should be at around $100-150/ton, which means either PP prices have to move up or hikes for HIPS are a bit artificial. We secured some HIPS prior to the sizeable hikes and we plan to gauge the trend until February.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey PP, PE markets propelled higher by shipping bottlenecks in Sept
- Are record-high PVC prices the new normal amid enduring pandemic?
- European PVC up for 16th month in Sept, prices touch new highs
- Egypt’s PP, PE markets rise on tightness in September
- Logistics snarls propel import PP, PE offers higher in Europe
- Import PVC prices near all-time highs in India, disparity with China/SEA grows
- PP, PE supplies rise in China; demand lags behind expectations despite peak season
- Stats: China’s July PE imports increase after 3 months of declines
- Will Asia’s PS markets follow ABS higher on cost support?
- Sept PET expectations diverge in shade of opposite factors in Europe