Gap between local PP raffia and HIPS hits 6 month high in Turkey
Source: ChemOrbis Price Wizard
The prevailing homo PP raffia range was reported at $1260-1330/ton ex-warehouse Turkey, cash inc VAT over the week. The market was on a steady easinge since mid-October driven by sufficient availability, retreating import offers as well as low buying interest amidst the nearing year end and high USD/TL parity. HIPS offers, on the other hand, were quoted between $1600-1650/ton with the same terms in line with surging upstream costs and the import PS market in the period.
A converter active in the packaging market commented, “The gap between HIPS and PP raffia widened a lot during the last two months. Normally, it should be at around $100-150/ton, which means either PP prices have to move up or hikes for HIPS are a bit artificial. We secured some HIPS prior to the sizeable hikes and we plan to gauge the trend until February.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- SE Asian PP, PE markets look for direction amid tepid demand, rising freights
- European PS, ABS markets open 2022 on firm footing
- Asia PET prices extend gains into January
- China’s PVC exports hit records in 2021; challenge global suppliers
- Stats: Turkey’s PP, PE imports on track for record-setting year
- What to watch in 2022 in polymer markets?
- Turkey’s PE markets retain downtrend as 2021 ends
- Asian PP, PE markets to start 2022 on a bearish note
- PET bottle prices rise 40% in 2021 across Asia
- Egypt’s PVC markets set to end 2021 on weaker footing