Gap between local PP raffia and HIPS hits 6 month high in Turkey
Source: ChemOrbis Price Wizard
The prevailing homo PP raffia range was reported at $1260-1330/ton ex-warehouse Turkey, cash inc VAT over the week. The market was on a steady easinge since mid-October driven by sufficient availability, retreating import offers as well as low buying interest amidst the nearing year end and high USD/TL parity. HIPS offers, on the other hand, were quoted between $1600-1650/ton with the same terms in line with surging upstream costs and the import PS market in the period.
A converter active in the packaging market commented, “The gap between HIPS and PP raffia widened a lot during the last two months. Normally, it should be at around $100-150/ton, which means either PP prices have to move up or hikes for HIPS are a bit artificial. We secured some HIPS prior to the sizeable hikes and we plan to gauge the trend until February.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Upsurge continues to wreak havoc on Turkey’s PP, PE markets
- PVC rally roars back in Asia as supply worries mount
- China PP, PE markets join global rally after Lunar New Year holiday
- PE, PP and PVC supply crunch exacerbated on US absence, traditional trade flows upended
- European PP, PE markets set for 5th bullish month as shortage bites
- Turkey shattered as PP prices shoot up to surreal levels
- Polymer markets face one of most chaotic times
- Turnaround season set to get underway in Asia
- Crude oil heals COVID-inflicted wounds; now what lies ahead?
- Global shipping turmoil deepens, adding to the upheaval in plastic resins