Gap between local PP raffia and HIPS hits 6 month high in Turkey
Source: ChemOrbis Price Wizard
The prevailing homo PP raffia range was reported at $1260-1330/ton ex-warehouse Turkey, cash inc VAT over the week. The market was on a steady easinge since mid-October driven by sufficient availability, retreating import offers as well as low buying interest amidst the nearing year end and high USD/TL parity. HIPS offers, on the other hand, were quoted between $1600-1650/ton with the same terms in line with surging upstream costs and the import PS market in the period.
A converter active in the packaging market commented, “The gap between HIPS and PP raffia widened a lot during the last two months. Normally, it should be at around $100-150/ton, which means either PP prices have to move up or hikes for HIPS are a bit artificial. We secured some HIPS prior to the sizeable hikes and we plan to gauge the trend until February.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year
- Weak activities press import PE, PP suppliers for discounts in Egypt
- Price erosion continues inside Middle Eastern polyolefins markets
- European PP, PE markets open 2023 with renewed drops
- Tight supply keeps expectations bullish in Turkey’s PVC market
- End of China’s ‘zero-COVID’ stance: Double-edged sword for Asia PVC, PP and PE markets
- Mid-Eastern sellers approach China, SE Asia and Turkey with firmer PP, PE prices for Jan
- Egypt’s local PE, PP markets head north as pound plunges to new low
- Styrenics markets reverse slump after months-long downtrend in Europe