German, Turkish firms in talks to build petchem units in Iran
Following the landmark nuclear agreement between Iran and the P5+1 (the US, Germany, France, the UK, Russia and China) powers in Vienna on July 14, more countries have voiced their intentions to rebuild their ties with Iran’s petrochemical sector following the expected easing of economic sanctions on the country. Iran reportedly aims at attracting investment of around $185 billion in nearly 50 oil and gas projects by 2020.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Global oil and petchem revenues hit by challenging market environment
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia