German, Turkish firms in talks to build petchem units in Iran
Following the landmark nuclear agreement between Iran and the P5+1 (the US, Germany, France, the UK, Russia and China) powers in Vienna on July 14, more countries have voiced their intentions to rebuild their ties with Iran’s petrochemical sector following the expected easing of economic sanctions on the country. Iran reportedly aims at attracting investment of around $185 billion in nearly 50 oil and gas projects by 2020.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops