German economy grows at fastest pace in 4 years in 2015
Stronger growth was attributed to rising private consumption while household spending was boosted by wage increases, low inflation and a record high employment rate. The data showed that private consumption rose 1.9%, the strongest rate since 2000 while government spending increased 2.8% from 1.7% in 2014, posting the fastest rate of growth seen since 2009. Exports rose 5.4% while imports posted a slightly larger increase of 5.7% in 2015.
For this year, the German government expects the economy to grow by 1.8%.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe