German economy grows by 0.1% in Q3
The country’s exports increased 1.9% while imports were also up 1.7% in the third quarter. Government spending rose 0.6% while private consumer spending climbed 0.7% in the three months ended September. The manufacturing and services activity grew at the slowest pace in 16 months in November and capital investment decreased 0.2% in the third quarter because of uncertainty regarding Eurozone demand.
In addition, it was reported that thousands of German companies have suffered from European Union sanctions against Russia.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- US PE prices move down on weak appetite from export markets
- Further price cuts in Vietnam’s PP market fail to revive demand
- Asian PS, ABS markets remain weak on rising trade tensions
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets