German economy slows in Q1
The data showed that construction investment rose 1.7% while government spending climbed 0.7% in the January-March period. Capital spending increased 1.5% and private consumption was up 0.6% on the back of an improving labor market, higher wages and lower energy prices. However, a 1.5% increase in imports was offset by weaker exports which grew 0.8% in the first quarter.
On a yearly basis, meanwhile, the country’s GDP rose 1% in the first three months.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops
- Turkey’s PP market on par with China, LLDPE and HDPE trade at discount
- Bearish trend persists in July for PP, PE in Mid-East, Africa