Germany and France’s retail sales dip in September
On a yearly basis, however, the country’s retail sales climbed 2.3% compared to September of 2013, according to Destatis. For the nine months ending September, annual sales were up 1.3% year over year. For the year to date, the country posted an increase of 4.2% in food, beverages and tobacco sales while sales in textiles, clothing, shoes and leather goods were down 7.3% due to mild weather in the beginning of autumn resulting in weaker demand in the country.
The Eurozone’s second largest economy, France, also ended the third quarter on a weak note as its consumer spending also dropped in September by 0.8% compared to August, according to French statistics agency Insee.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- What propels PE prices higher in China?
- Vietnam PP, PE markets keep rising but some cautiousness remains
- Malaysia PP exports almost triple in February
- Spot ethylene markets rally on diminishing supply in Asia, Europe
- Will European PP markets change direction after 3 months?
- Turkish PP, PE players leaving market for holiday with firm post-Eid expectations
- June PVC hikes exceed expectations in Asia, sustainability under discussion
- Import PS, ABS markets recover amid upstream gains in Egypt
- PP, PE markets on a slight uptrend in Indonesia despite Ramadan lull
- European PE hovers around 11-year low, is reversal near?